Ultrafiltration (UF) is a common pretreatment process used to clean the feed water for reverse osmosis systems. These systems are capable of removing colloidal particles, viruses, bacteria, and suspended solids.
UF systems require a Silt Density Index (SDI) less than 5.0, and ideally less than 3.0, for long term use. With UF filtrate SDI levels often reaching less than 1.0, UF is undoubtedly the best pretreatment system for RO.
Our Ultrafiltration skids typically include:
- Structural steel frame
- Hydronautics UF membranes
- Backwash and CIP pump
- Chemical cleaning system
- Air scour system
- PVC piping
- Automatic process valves
- Full system instrumentation and gauges
- Control cabinet
- All parts fully assembled and ready for installation on site
Additional features can be added by request such as:
- Stainless steel piping (316SS, Duplex 2205, or Super Duplex 2507)
- Custom 3 phase power systems
- Customized instrumentation
- Commissioning and training
Learn more about our services or contact us for more information.